Short-film version of an article I wrote a while ago on Medium.
It’s called ‘The cure for an anxious, sucky life in less than 550 words.’ Here is that article: https://medium.com/personal-growth/the-cure-for-an-anxious-sucky-life-in-less-than-550-words-81898c821ebd
All footage taken by the author in and around Tokyo, Kyoto, Japan, 2019.
If you lack direction and focus each day, try out my planner book: ‘Book of Lift’ — https://bookoflift.com/
Enter your email below to receive more updates like this as well as bonus content for subscribers you won't find on the blog.
My name is Yvonne Haymon, I am a new fan of yours as of today. I was checking my Facebook messages and you was in one of the daily reads I signed up to recieve. So out of curiosity I had to check out your work and I am so glad I did because you are such an inspiration! I am hooked! I just started reading…The cure for an anxious life in less than 550 words [Film] and it hit me to ask you if you have written anything on addiction. I am struggling with alcohol addiction and I feel like you would know exactly what advice to give me. I just feel like this thing called alcoholism has taken over my life and has stollen so much of my precious time from me that I could’ve been spending with my kids. I’m tired of living this way and I just thought I would reach out to you and get your advice.
Hi Yvonne, thank you! I am not an expert on addiction, but my initial thoughts are these:
– Associate as much pain with drinking/alcohol as you can. Think about all the ways it is holding you back. Meet people who overcame it or suffered terribly from it. Learn about the ill-effects it has on your health in graphic detail, etc. Make thinking of booze painful.
– Question all the beliefs you have about why you continue to drink. Break down the lies you tell yourself.
– Make a firm commitment to stop, no matter what.
– Look into EFT emotional freedom technique tapping – to take away the emotional cravings associated with the addiction.
– Commit to becoming someone who helps OTHER alcoholics in overcoming their problem. Learn everything you can about it, and do it in such a way that you become an expert with the intention of helping others. The best way to learn is to teach.
Hope that helps, and good luck! You can do this. Quit today – the world and your family needs you to take this step.
If it’s ok, I may use this content in an upcoming video. That ok?
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.