I am a writer and coach, focused on helping you persuade and inspire using the power of written words.
I also write and speak about marketing, branding, growing an engaged audience, and productivity.
I have worked with clients including the BBC, Mars, Digital Arts Magazine, Dots Games, Saatchi & Saatchi, Wired Magazine, 99U, Secret Cinema, and Google.
I have spoken at ICON Conference in Texas, OFFF festival in Barcelona, Behance in Tokyo, Ilustratour in Spain, DXSaigon in Vietnam, and the AOI in London.
I have been interviewed on numerous podcasts and panels, covering topics from productivity, to writing, to freelancing.
.Some facts about me:
- British, but born in Copenhagen in 1984, now living in Thailand.
- Mathers is pronounced ‘May’thers with a hard ‘th’.
- I’m a self-taught illustrator and writer and have written over six books.
- I founded Red Lemon Club, an online community for creative minds, where my articles reached millions.
- I started, and continue to maintain, illustration site Ape on the Moon in 2009.
- I developed a planner to help people stay focused and organised, called Book of Lift.
- I’m a big fan of monkeys, sharks and gorillas.
- I’ve lived in ten countries, including Barbados, Austria, Japan, England, Jamaica, Sweden, Iran, Vietnam and Denmark.
- I was once a security guard at Wimbledon Tennis Championships.
- I was smacked across the arm in Indonesia by a huge monitor lizard while trying to feed it rice.
- I’m working on my dream of building and living in a big wooden house with a view of the mountains.
Contact me with any questions below: